Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default access partition function

I have been using the Partition function in Access a lot. Is there
an
equivalent function in Excel and can you please show me how to use it
in Excell.

Thanks,

Pago

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sofia
You might check out the FREQUENCY and HISTOGRAM functions in Excel help.
They look to be similiar to the Partition VBA function that you are using,
judging by the description of Partition in VBA help. (I have never used
Partition)
Please note that the HISTOGRAM function is only available with the Aalysis
ToolPak loaded.
You obviously know how to use Access, but I do not know how familiar you are
with Excel, so if you need a general discussion of using statistical
functions in Excel, please see:
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010919231033
for information on how to use Excel statistical functions.
Please let us know if this helps or if you need clarification or further help.
SongBear

" wrote:

I have been using the Partition function in Access a lot. Is there
an
equivalent function in Excel and can you please show me how to use it
in Excell.

Thanks,

Pago

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Pago,
Sorry, I used the wrong name, too many windows open, but that was the answer
meant for this question. (Now I have to go find out where the Sofia window
went...)
SongBear

" wrote:

I have been using the Partition function in Access a lot. Is there
an
equivalent function in Excel and can you please show me how to use it
in Excell.

Thanks,

Pago

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I believe Excel's Partition function works the same as Access's.

Sub Demo()
Dim S As String
S = Partition(23, 0, 100, 10)
Debug.Print S