Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Rows in Excel

I want to place a date in a cell, then skip down 6 rows and have the next
date show...

Jan 1

Jan 2

Jan 3

and so on with out having to insert row one at a time between each date.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's say Date in column A and header in row 1. Create a helper in column B
In A2:A100 (leave it blank for now)
Formula in B2 =MOD(ROW(),7)
copy from B2 all the way down to B100
Data Filter AutoFilter filter the number 2
In A2 enter Jan 1
In A3 enter A2+1
copy all the way down
Remove filter and delete column B

"Daveb1oh" wrote:

I want to place a date in a cell, then skip down 6 rows and have the next
date show...

Jan 1

Jan 2

Jan 3

and so on with out having to insert row one at a time between each date.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you insert Jan 1 in, say, A2, then you can fill from A9 and down,
as far as necessary:

=IF(MOD(ROW()-ROW($A$2),7),"",A2+1)

And then:
Select Column A. EditCopy
Immediately follow with EditPaste Special... Values

HTH
Kostis Vezerides

On Feb 2, 8:05 pm, Daveb1oh
wrote:
I want to place a date in a cell, then skip down 6 rows and have the next
date show...

Jan 1

Jan 2

Jan 3

and so on with out having to insert row one at a time between each date.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select Jan-1 and 6 blank cells below it.
Drag fill handle as far as desired.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you that worked great... Knew I was missing or forgot something... WOW
Thanks again

Dave

"Herbert Seidenberg" wrote:

Select Jan-1 and 6 blank cells below it.
Drag fill handle as far as desired.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please stay in the ORIGINAL thread. Think of the archives.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Cary" wrote in message
Herbert Seidenberg wrote:
Select Jan-1 and 6 blank cells below it.
Drag fill handle as far as desired.

Keep It Simple... always wins the day. Smart solution!