Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default go to

I have a workbook which contain a very large number of spreadsheets (100+),
which makes it not so confortable to navigate through the file.

I made an index stating which data is stored where and would like to put a
link (maybe a hyperlink) so that I can go straight to desired tab.

As I dont know how to use visual basic (I guess probably the best way to do
it), I am looking for a function I can use via excel toolbar or perhaps with
the help of a wizard. I have good knowledge of excel on user level but not
programming.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Dave,
tks for your reply.

In fact I do already have a table of contents and, similarly to the case
mentioned in the link you posted, I added the name of the sheet to the footer.
Yet, because there are so many tabs, it is hard to select the spreadsheet
one wants to jump to.

"hcordoba" wrote:

I have a workbook which contain a very large number of spreadsheets (100+),
which makes it not so confortable to navigate through the file.

I made an index stating which data is stored where and would like to put a
link (maybe a hyperlink) so that I can go straight to desired tab.

As I dont know how to use visual basic (I guess probably the best way to do
it), I am looking for a function I can use via excel toolbar or perhaps with
the help of a wizard. I have good knowledge of excel on user level but not
programming.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1) Insert a small picture from clip art or add a small shape from the
Drawing toolbar
2) Right click on this object and select the Hyperlink item from popup menu
3) In the Hyperlink dialog look to the left and click the Place in This
Document Icon
4) Now select the sheet or named range to make the link
Play with a simple worksheet and you will get the hang of it quickly
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme