Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default rounding figures to nearest thousand

Hi,

I have financial data that is shown to the nearest penny. I need to change
any figures by rounding them to the nearest thousand. I have looked at using
the round function or setting up a custom text format.

If the round function is the way to go how can I enter formula into a field
which doesn't delete the data already in it?

Thanks

Nathan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you put a formula into a cell, then it *will* delete the data already in
it.

If your cell has a formula =A1+B2, then you can replace that formula by
=ROUND(A1+B2,-3)
Otherwise if your formula is in cell C2 and you don't want to change C2, you
can put your rounded figure in D2, using =ROUND(C2,-3) , and this same
formula will work if you've got a number, rather than a formula, in C2.
--
David Biddulph