Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default subtotal functions

When subtotaling a large worksheet is there a way to color and line the
subtotals at the same time.

Hope someone can help

Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apply the data|Subtotals
Use the outlining symbols to the left to hide the details
select the range to modify
Edit|goto|special|visible cells only

apply the formatting you like to those visible cells

Then show all the range???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can apply an AutoFormat (Tools - Format - AutoFormat). The only caution
I would have is that for a file over 10,000 rows long the amount of time that
this takes is exorbitant and the possiblility of crashing is high...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Louise" wrote:

When subtotaling a large worksheet is there a way to color and line the
subtotals at the same time.

Hope someone can help

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave:

I tried this and still having trouble.

I have a file that is 10K rows. and I have to sort & subtotal 3 ways.

is there an add-in for subtotals that maybe I can download that will give me
formatting options at the same time it is subtotaling?