Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formulas

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ ツ」1.99 5 @ ツ」1.85 10 @ ツ」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=num_sold*LOOKUP(num_sold,{0,5,10},{1.99,1.85,1.75 })

--
---
HTH

Bob

For example 1 @ 」1.99 5 @ 」1.85 10 @ 」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

First, you have to set up a table with the fluctuating costs.

Qty Cost
1 1.99
5 1.85
10 1.75

Then, use the vlookup function but make sure set the last argument of the
function to "TRUE". If 4 units are ordered, the vlookup will return 1.99, if
5 are ordered, it will return 1.85.

Jeff

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ ツ」1.99 5 @ ツ」1.85 10 @ ツ」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So, if they order 6 do they get the 5 unit price for each of the 6?

If so, then A1:B3 contains
1 1.99
5 1.85
10 1.75

the quantity sold goes in A5, and the total price in B5 with this formula:

=a5*vlookup(A5,$a$1:$b$3,2)

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ ツ」1.99 5 @ ツ」1.85 10 @ ツ」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Duke,

Still struggling. This calc has to be performed horizontally because there
are multiple lines and prices

Tot QTY Tot Val Price break 1st price Price Break 2nd
price
0 #N/A 1 ぎ73.75 20 ぎ69.95

I thought I was pretty useful in excel until this. Have you got any ideas?

Kind regards

Richard

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ ツ」1.99 5 @ ツ」1.85 10 @ ツ」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Richard

Whether your price break data is horizontal or vertical, in needs to be
in 2 distinct rows or columns.
You cannot have it all in the same row.

if you had in C1 1, D1 20, E1 100
and in C2 ?73.75, ?69.95 , ? 65.00
Then with Qty entered in A3
in A4
=HLOOKUP(A3,$C$1;$E$2,2,0)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Richard Sheoo" wrote in message
Hi Duke,

Still struggling. This calc has to be performed horizontally because
there
are multiple lines and prices

Tot QTY Tot Val Price break 1st price Price Break
2nd
price
0 #N/A 1 ?73.75 20 ?69.95

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will
change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ 」1.99 5 @ 」1.85 10 @ 」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate
this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your help. But I still can't get this to work. I ah ve typed out
your solution but no dice could you perhaps send it to me in a work book to
?

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will
change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ ツ」1.99 5 @ ツ」1.85 10 @ ツ」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to calulate
this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Richard

My apologies that should have been True (1) for the 4th argument, not
False (0)
=HLOOKUP(A3,$C$1;$E$2,2,1)

Test file on its way direct to you.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will
change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ 」1.99 5 @ 」1.85 10 @ 」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to
calulate
this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried to transfer it to my spread sheet and it didnt work. Argghh!

Could you send me your test sheet and I will try and figure out what I'm
doing wrong.

Kind regards

Richard

"Richard Sheoo" wrote:

Please can any one help me?

I need to be able to work out a total price but the price will
change as the
quantity increases.

For example 1 @ ツ」1.99 5 @ ツ」1.85 10 @ ツ」1.75

Our customers may order say 6 units How do I tell excel to
calulate
this
properly?

Kind regards
Richard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Richard

Both of those email addresses resulted a bounce back.
If you want to send an email direct to me, I will respond with the file.

Remove NOSPAM from my address to send.

--
Regards

Roger Govier