Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookups in Excel on Data from Access not working

I have several excel files that have the same information in them. This same
information is in an access database. Instead of changing all my files when
something changes I am setting it up to link them all so it will update
itself. I have exported the data from the access database into my excel file
that
is doing several lookups on tables I have in these files, so that I can
calculate information needed for my reports. So far I can get it to export
the data from Access to my excel file with a query, but once it is in excel
my lookups don't recognize the data and give me #NA & #REF!. I need to find
out why it is doing this and how to get it to recognize the information I am
pulling in. Any ideas how to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Three things:
1) Post the formulas that you are using
2) If the lookup value is, for example, a number, make sure that the table
being looked up is formatted as numbers.
3) Explain the format of your Access tables (i.e., are numbers formatted as
text, etc.) That could, combined with number 2, (possibly) explain why your
formulas are not working.

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"goldcd_2" wrote:

I have several excel files that have the same information in them. This same
information is in an access database. Instead of changing all my files when
something changes I am setting it up to link them all so it will update
itself. I have exported the data from the access database into my excel file
that
is doing several lookups on tables I have in these files, so that I can
calculate information needed for my reports. So far I can get it to export
the data from Access to my excel file with a query, but once it is in excel
my lookups don't recognize the data and give me #NA & #REF!. I need to find
out why it is doing this and how to get it to recognize the information I am
pulling in. Any ideas how to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I did check to make sure they are all formatted the same in both access and
excel. My look up worked fine until I pulled in the information from Access.

this one they are both date formatted
=IF(A30,WEEKNUM(#REF!)," ")

These are all formatted the same in both files.
=VLOOKUP($B3,Department,2,FALSE)