Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF NOT THEN

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Here's an example: =IF(A1=2,B1,C1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if( test when cell does not apply, default, formula)

Steve

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:30:02 -0000,
wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same
time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to
calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave Thanks, One more thing Now I need the opposite if A1 has a value How do
I write the logic for that.

"Dave F" wrote:

Here's an example: =IF(A1=2,B1,C1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure what you mean by "the opposite". The formula I gave in my
earlier response tests to see if A1 has a value....

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

Dave Thanks, One more thing Now I need the opposite if A1 has a value How do
I write the logic for that.

"Dave F" wrote:

Here's an example: =IF(A1=2,B1,C1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dave, If A1 has a and that value needs to be added to create a sum how do I
creat that. Sorry for not being clear

" wrote:

Dave Thanks, One more thing Now I need the opposite if A1 has a value How do
I write the logic for that.

"Dave F" wrote:

Here's an example: =IF(A1=2,B1,C1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(A1=10,A1+B1,C1+B1)

If A1 equals 10 then add A1 and B1

If A1 not equal to 10 then add C1 and B1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:30:02 -0800,
wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Perhaps =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1+B1,"")
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

Dave Thanks, One more thing Now I need the opposite if A1 has a value How do
I write the logic for that.

"Dave F" wrote:

Here's an example: =IF(A1=2,B1,C1)

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

" wrote:

How can I have a formula include data when applicable and at the same time
when that cell does not apply to have it default to another cell to calculate
a sum ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(A1="a",B1,C1)
--
David Biddulph

" wrote in
message ...

" wrote:

Dave Thanks, One more thing Now I need the opposite if A1 has a value
How do
I write the logic for that.

"Dave F" wrote:

Here's an example: =IF(A1=2,B1,C1)