engineer

Default calcuate bond yields

I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003
Fred Smith

The YIELDMAT function should do what you want.

Fred
Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

"engineer" wrote in message
I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003

Herb

Sounds like what I am looking for too, but it requires the Addin Analysis
Pack. When I click on that and OK, nothing happens. It doesn't try to
install the addin, nothing. Any clues? -Herb Mann

"engineer" wrote in message
I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003

engineer

Thanks Fred:

I'm a little better off except my excel 2003 doesn't have all these addin
functions. As well the bonds I have pay interest semi-annually not just at
maturity as per yieldmat

Regards

"engineer" wrote in message
I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003

engineer

I just did it by following this:

Returns the annual yield of a security that pays interest at maturity.

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

How?

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then
click OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.

Regards

Engineer

"engineer" wrote in message
I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003

Fred Smith

As far as I know, all versions of Excel, especially 2003, come with the
Analysis ToolPak. You just have to install it. Did you try ToolsAddins?

For bonds which pay regular interest, use the YIELD function, rather than
YIELDMAT. With YIELD, you can specify the payment frequency (eg, 2 times per
year).

"engineer" wrote in message
I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003

engineer

Hi Fred:

Yes, I've installed the "pak". Thanks for the tip on the yield function.
Watch for Bonds to fall in price in 2005 and rise in yield. By when they fall
below 100!

Engineer

"engineer" wrote in message
I need to calculate bond yields to different dates such a maturity,
retraction dates etc.

I work in excel 2003

analyst

Hi,

I am looking for a way to calculate bond yields also. I used the yield and
yieldmat functions which work fine, except that some of our bonds have coupon
rate steps before maturity. Any ideas?

Thanks,
analyst