Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF OR Q

I have the following formula that I wish to return a value for

=IF(OR(C7=Car,Van, Bike),D7,"Enter Price")

Car, Van Bike are values within a Drop down list that I select in Cell
C7 etc

I am getting an error message 'There is more than one Cell with this
label' for Van - what does that mean and how can I overcome it? I
don't have any Range Names with this label.

I've removed Van from my formula i.e. =IF(OR(C7=Car,Bike),D7,"Enter
Price") and when I copy this down past C8 I get
=IF(OR(C7=Car,Car),D7,"Enter Price") - how can "Bike" now change to
"Car"??

Is it because the text I'm looking for are from a dropdown?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bob

On Jan 30, 11:41 am, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
=IF(OR(C7="Car",C7="Van",C7="Bike"),D7,"Enter Price")

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Sean" wrote in oglegroups.com...

I have the following formula that I wish to return a value for

=IF(OR(C7=Car,Van, Bike),D7,"Enter Price")

Car, Van Bike are values within a Drop down list that I select in Cell
C7 etc

I am getting an error message 'There is more than one Cell with this
label' for Van - what does that mean and how can I overcome it? I
don't have any Range Names with this label.

I've removed Van from my formula i.e. =IF(OR(C7=Car,Bike),D7,"Enter
Price") and when I copy this down past C8 I get
=IF(OR(C7=Car,Car),D7,"Enter Price") - how can "Bike" now change to
"Car"??

Is it because the text I'm looking for are from a dropdown?

Thanks- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -