Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Columns and Row headings switch to right side of screen

When inserting a new sheet into an existing workbook, the new sheet displays
the row numbers on the right side of the screen and the column headings read
from right to left. Everything is reversed. The original worksheet is
alright. What have I done wrong. Please help. Tks
Elbowes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Elbowes

Look in your XLSTART folder
I think there is a workbook named Sheet.xlt
C:\Documents and Settings\<yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Move it out of that folder

When you insert a sheet it use the settings from this sheet
ToolsOptions..International

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Elbowes" wrote in message ...

When inserting a new sheet into an existing workbook, the new sheet displays
the row numbers on the right side of the screen and the column headings read
from right to left. Everything is reversed. The original worksheet is
alright. What have I done wrong. Please help. Tks
Elbowes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ToolsOptionsInternational

Your left to right and right to left settings can be changed here.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:36:01 -0800, Elbowes
wrote:

When inserting a new sheet into an existing workbook, the new sheet displays
the row numbers on the right side of the screen and the column headings read
from right to left. Everything is reversed. The original worksheet is
alright. What have I done wrong. Please help. Tks
Elbowes

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Tks loads for your speedy reply. Fixed problem in International settings
under Tools/options as suggested. Somehow it was set to read right to left.
Go figure. Tks Again
Elbowes