Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default writing to a pivot table

Hi,

I'm looking to write to a pivot table or an alternative way of allowing the
user to add comments and dropdown options to a set of data. Suggestions?

thx chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Include in the source data a column for comments, have people enter comments,
and refresh the data?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"chris" wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking to write to a pivot table or an alternative way of allowing the
user to add comments and dropdown options to a set of data. Suggestions?

thx chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, I don't want the user to have access to the source data, but rather
write comments into the pivot table report and then have the report write
back to the comments column in the source data or have the comments column in
the source data read the comments from the pivot table.

I'm currently trying to create a second comments table next to the pivot
table and then have the source data match the appropriate comment with the
appropriate time stamp and then write the comment into the source data.

I'm also trying to create a second pivot table using a combination of the
original pivot table and the comments table

Clear as mud? thx