Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help With DATEVALUE

I am sure this has come up before. I wish to return a date in cell (say) B1
to the datevalue in (say) cell B2. Yes, I can type the date in the formula
using quotes, but what I want to do is reverence (say) cell B1 in the
formula and have it return the datevalue. Can anyone tell me how to effect
this? I don't mind using a workaround, but I would not like to use a macro
unless necessary.

TIA,

Dick Frederick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

But does the N function actually give a different number in the cell from
what you get with =B2?
Isn't it merely a question of cell format as to whether you see a date or a
number?
--
David Biddulph