Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using cell as worksheet name to return data on that sheet

I have a column that contains the names of all the worksheets in the
workbook. I would like to fill the next column with values from each of
those worksheets. Is there a good way OR is there a way I can put a formula
in column B that uses column A as the worksheet name?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

A1 = Sheet 2

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A1")

That will return the value from Sheet 2 cell A1.

Biff

"Rookie_User" wrote in message
I have a column that contains the names of all the worksheets in the
workbook. I would like to fill the next column with values from each of
those worksheets. Is there a good way OR is there a way I can put a
formula
in column B that uses column A as the worksheet name?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look in Help for the INDIRECT() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel