Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Date Formulas

I have a column showing birthdates. I need a formula to show the age of each
person on a specific date.

Example: A persons birthday is 8/5/88. I want to know what that persons age
is on 10/1/2007. If possible I'd like to show age by Year, Months and Days.
If that's not possible then the simple age works.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the Datedif function;

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

But note that dates before 1-1-1900 are not supported in Excel

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"PhooPhan" wrote in message ...
|I have a column showing birthdates. I need a formula to show the age of each
| person on a specific date.
|
| Example: A persons birthday is 8/5/88. I want to know what that persons age
| is on 10/1/2007. If possible I'd like to show age by Year, Months and Days.
| If that's not possible then the simple age works.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try using Yearfrac function. (You may have to select Tools, Add Ins and
select Analysis ToolPac if you have not got access to the function)
I have used dd/mm/yyyy date format in example. Lookup Yearfrac function in
help and use 1 as basis which is actual days in year for both dates.

Birth Date Todays Date Years Days
8/05/1988 28/01/2007 =YEARFRAC(A2,B2,1) =INT((C2-INT(C2))*365)
8/05/1988 28/01/2007 18.72416153 264