Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ROUNDUP MONEY VALUE IN SAME CELL AS % INCREASE

I am trying to roundup a monetary value to the nearest £5 or £10.

e.g. In G7 I have the item buy in value of £119.14
H7 formula is =g7*17%+g7 which gives me a mark up cost at 17%

Is there a way to roundup the value in H7 to the nearest £5 or £10 without
placing the roundup formula in a different cell?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try
=CEILING(G7*(1+17%),5)
If you wanted to put your markup in another cell, say in A1 as 17% then
you could use
=CEILING(G7*(1+A1),5)

Changing the % value in A1 will automatically adjust your prices
--
Regards

Roger Govier