Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Variable worksheet name in offset

I am trying to use the offset function with a worksheet name that changes
based upon a drop down list:

offset('worksheet name'!c1,$A$26,0)

How can I replace 'worksheet name' with the contents of a cell that contains
the results from the drop down list. I tried to use the indirect function
but I keep getting errors. I am basically setting up a single chart that I
can use to display info from various worksheets and particular rows on the
woorksheets. Any help would be great.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dave

=OFFSET(INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!C1"),$A$26)
where A1 holds the worksheet name

Note that the quotes are " ' " and " ' ! C1"

--
Regards

Roger Govier