Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I round a number to the nearest 600 in Excel?

I need to round numbers to the nearest multiple of 600. For example if the
number is 15,443, I am looking for a formula that would round the number to
15,600. Is there one?

Judy Sanchez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use =MROUND(A1,600)
You need to have the Analysis ToolPac installed to have this function
Otherwise =ROUND(A1/600,0)*600
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Barcelona" wrote in message
I need to round numbers to the nearest multiple of 600. For example if the
number is 15,443, I am looking for a formula that would round the number
15,600. Is there one?

Judy Sanchez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Alternatively, you could try this:

=IF(CEILING(A1,600)-A1300,FLOOR(A1,600),CEILING(A1,600))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 25, 5:23 pm, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:
Use =MROUND(A1,600)
You need to have the Analysis ToolPac installed to have this function
Otherwise =ROUND(A1/600,0)*600
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Barcelona" wrote in ...

I need to round numbers to the nearest multiple of 600. For example if the
number is 15,443, I am looking for a formula that would round the number
15,600. Is there one?

Judy Sanchez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bit of overkill isn't it? <G

--
---
HTH

Bob

oups.com...

wrote:
Use =MROUND(A1,600)
You need to have the Analysis ToolPac installed to have this function
Otherwise =ROUND(A1/600,0)*600
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Barcelona" wrote in

I need to round numbers to the nearest multiple of 600. For example if
the
number is 15,443, I am looking for a formula that would round the
number
15,600. Is there one?

Judy Sanchez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yeah, at first I thought "ceiling", so checked it out to see that I had
the right syntax, then re-read the post and realised the OP wanted to
round OFF to the nearest 600, and one thing led to another ...

Sometimes you get into a fixed mindset !! <bg

Anyway, it's ONE way of doing it !!

Pete

On Jan 25, 7:10 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Bit of overkill isn't it? <G

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Pete_UK" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

wrote:
Use =MROUND(A1,600)
You need to have the Analysis ToolPac installed to have this function
Otherwise =ROUND(A1/600,0)*600
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Barcelona" wrote in

I need to round numbers to the nearest multiple of 600. For example if
the
number is 15,443, I am looking for a formula that would round the
number
15,600. Is there one?

Judy Sanchez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

just literally maybe
=MAX((A1<600)*600,ROUND(A1/600,0)*600)
for +/- numbers only
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Barcelona" wrote:

I need to round numbers to the nearest multiple of 600. For example if the
number is 15,443, I am looking for a formula that would round the number to
15,600. Is there one?

Judy Sanchez

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

disregard the previous
i am confused
maybe with this another overkill
=IF(ABS(A1)<600,SIGN(A1)*600,ROUND(A1/600,0)*600)
--
*****