-   -   Why did text in entered formula change to red in Spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/127638-why-did-text-entered-formula-change-red-spreadsheet.html)

TartanMaid

Why did text in entered formula change to red in Spreadsheet

Why did text in entered formula change to red in Spreadsheet after I entered
a formula? Previos entries in column were in the usual black text.
Thank you,

TartanMaid

Gord Dibben

Why did text in entered formula change to red in Spreadsheet

Maybe that cell has Conditional Formatting applied?

Select that cell and FormatConditional Formatting.

See if any conditions are set for that cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:19:01 -0800, TartanMaid
wrote:

Why did text in entered formula change to red in Spreadsheet after I entered
a formula? Previos entries in column were in the usual black text.
Thank you,

TartanMaid

Joerg

Why did text in entered formula change to red in Spreadsheet

....if not conditional formatting, then the number formatting could be the
culprit.