Junior Member

Default How to apply a 25% price increase to a column of rates.

We resell international telephone service and need to be able to replace the values we get from our supplier in a column with a value that is 25% greater. I think there must be a way to use a formula to do this. We should be able to apply the formula and it re-populate the cells with the new value.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Woolfie:

There is no direct way to update a series of cells by a percetage.

Here are some options:

You can use the copy paste special:

Enter 1.25 in an empty cell somewhere copy it, then select the cells you
want to update and do paste special values and select mutilply.

You could enter a formula in another column and enter =B2*(1+$C$1) and copy
it down where b2 is the first value to increment and $C$1 is the rate (ie
0.25).

You could write a macro to do it:

sub IncreaseValues

const dRate as double = 1.25
dim rCell as range

on error resume next

for each rCell in selection
rCell.value = rCell.value *1.25
next rCell

end sub

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"woolfie" wrote:

We resell international telephone service and need to be able to replace
the values we get from our supplier in a column with a value that is 25%
greater. I think there must be a way to use a formula to do this. We
should be able to apply the formula and it re-populate the cells with
the new value.
Thanks.

--
woolfie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy Paste Special is fine

Percentage is only a number
Adding 25% is the same as Multiplying by 1.25

Steve