Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I'm trying to count sick and vacation days

I've used the count formula to count the number of dates entered in a column,
but how do I account for 1/2 days? Any suggestions? Maybe another formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

And how are 1/2 days specified in your data?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Kevin" wrote in message
I've used the count formula to count the number of dates entered in a
column,
but how do I account for 1/2 days? Any suggestions? Maybe another
formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do you designate 1/2 days? Just count those and add that count to your
original count....
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Kevin" wrote:

I've used the count formula to count the number of dates entered in a column,
but how do I account for 1/2 days? Any suggestions? Maybe another formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the COUNTIF function, count up your half days, multiply the number
by 0.5, add this to the result of a second COUNTIF function.

=COUNTIF(A2:A50,0.5)*0.5+COUNTIF(A2:A50,1)

Hope this helps,

David

"Kevin" wrote:

I've used the count formula to count the number of dates entered in a column,
but how do I account for 1/2 days? Any suggestions? Maybe another formula?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -