Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I need to select rows that have red text or are high lighted?

Users send me lists that have rows in a colored text, such as red, or they
will high light the rows they want me to see in yellow. I need to be able to
select out only those rows that I need to work with. How can I select rows
base upon the color of the text or if they are high lighted? [EXCEL 2002]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Excel doesn't provide a built in way to manipulate cells based on their
color. You can, however, create macros that do this. See here for info:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/SortByColor.htm

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"OKEXCEL" wrote:

Users send me lists that have rows in a colored text, such as red, or they
will high light the rows they want me to see in yellow. I need to be able to
select out only those rows that I need to work with. How can I select rows
base upon the color of the text or if they are high lighted? [EXCEL 2002]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Xl2002/3 try :

- Edit|Find Options Format Choose Format From Cell,
- Click a cell containing the color you want to find, then Find All.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all items containing that formatting.

If cells are in a column you could then copy this selection to another
sheet.