Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Tabs in alphabetical order

Hi Group,

When I have made a worksheet, with many tabs along the bottom, is there a
way in which I can then re-arrange the tabs into alphabetical order?

Many thanks

Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jim,

check out this link:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm

Hope this helps.

Pete

exrailman wrote:

Hi Group,

When I have made a worksheet, with many tabs along the bottom, is there a
way in which I can then re-arrange the tabs into alphabetical order?

Many thanks

Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Nothing built into XL. (Not in 2007 either)

You need a macro.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

exrailman wrote:

Hi Group,

When I have made a worksheet, with many tabs along the bottom, is there a
way in which I can then re-arrange the tabs into alphabetical order?

Many thanks

Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jim,
The free Excel add-in "XL Extras" sorts sheets when you right-click a
sheet tab and choose sort.
It can also do other nice stuff.
Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
No registration required.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"exrailman"
wrote in message
Hi Group,
When I have made a worksheet, with many tabs along the bottom, is there a
way in which I can then re-arrange the tabs into alphabetical order?
Many thanks
Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Shane,
During my "married period", a long time ago in another universe, I lived
almost next door to you in Lafayette, CA.
Regards,
Jim Cone

"ShaneDevenshire"

wrote in message
Hi Jim,
I'm just across the bay in Walnut Creek, Hi!
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

wrote in message
Hi Group,
When I have made a worksheet, with many tabs along the bottom, is there a
way in which I can then re-arrange the tabs into alphabetical order?
Many thanks
Jim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jim,

In my unmarried life, also many moon ago, I live in San Francisco from 1964
off and on till 1990.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire