Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default pro-rated formula

i would like to have an excel worksheet that tells me the pro-rated price of
several different products so when I punch in a date and select a product
(say something at $15/month or something at $20) it tells me what the
customer will have to pay for the remainder of the year. Typically, my cutoff
is the 15th of the month. So, if the customer buys something on the 10th, I
count the current month in the pro-rated price, and if they buy on the 20th,
I move it to the next month.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Dani:

Try this:
[A] [b]
Date 16/1/2007
Rate 15
Months 11.00 =(12-MONTH(B1)--(DAY(B1)<16))
Total 165.00 =B2*B3

It does not check if the year is correct.

Use this one to check the year:

Date 16/1/2006
Rate 15
Months 23.00
=IF(YEAR(B1)<=B5,((B5-YEAR(B1))*12+(12-MONTH(B1))--(DAY(B1)<16)),0)
Total 345.00 =B2*B3
Current Year 2007

--
Hope this helps