Todd

Default matching formula

I need to match the returned value in one formula with the text in another
formula. How can I do this?

Formula 1: ='M-Z Supplier List'!B11 and returns" Mann"

Formula 2 : = Mann'!B11 and returns a dollar value

TIA
Peo Sjoblom

='M-Z Supplier List'!B11&" "&TEXT(Mann'!B11,"$#,##0.00")

or if you meant that one formula retruns a string that you want to use as a
reference in another formula

=INDIRECT("'"&'M-Z Supplier List'!B11&"'!B11")

Peo Sjoblom

"Todd" wrote in message
I need to match the returned value in one formula with the text in

another
formula. How can I do this?

Formula 1: ='M-Z Supplier List'!B11 and returns" Mann"

Formula 2 : = Mann'!B11 and returns a dollar value

TIA

Todd

Thanks, that brings me a lot closer! I don't understand what you meant well
enough, sorry. I will try to explain better.

I need to match the text in column 1 that a formula returns with the actual
formulas in column 2.

column 1 column 2

='M-Z Supplier List'!$B$11 = Mann!B11

When I look at column 1 the cells read mann and the formula is
='M-Z Supplier List'!B11

When I look at column 2 the cell reads 500.00 and the formula is
= Mann'!B11

I am thinking something like MATCH(TEXT(A10,"$#,##0.00"),(LEFT(B10,3)))
???

Thanks again,

Todd

"Todd" wrote in message
I need to match the returned value in one formula with the text in

another
formula. How can I do this?

Formula 1: ='M-Z Supplier List'!B11 and returns" Mann"

Formula 2 : = Mann'!B11 and returns a dollar value

TIA

Todd

Sorry, I am making this complex aren't I. I want to check and see if
everything is in the right place and I can't figure out how to match the text
in a10 to the formula in b10.

cell a10 returns the sheet name that the formula in B10 should be pulling
from. A simple do they match? indicator is what I am trying for.

Todd

"Todd" wrote in message
I need to match the returned value in one formula with the text in
another
formula. How can I do this?

Formula 1: ='M-Z Supplier List'!B11 and returns" Mann"

Formula 2 : = Mann'!B11 and returns a dollar value

TIA

Peo Sjoblom

To get the text string from a formula like

= Mann'!B11

you would need VBA

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm

Peo Sjoblom

"Todd" wrote in message
I need to match the returned value in one formula with the text

in
another
formula. How can I do this?

Formula 1: ='M-Z Supplier List'!B11 and returns" Mann"

Formula 2 : = Mann'!B11 and returns a dollar value

TIA

Steve

Todd

I'm not sure that I fuly comprehend what you are trying to achieve. It seems
you are trying to check that a user entered value in row A is matched by a
formula in row B. If this is correct, why not use the indirect function and
save the checking?

'=INDIRECT(A2&"!B11",1)' will give the value shown in a sheet named 'mann'
at address 'B11' if the user enters 'Mann'.

You might also consider Data Validation so users can only enter valid sheet
names.

HTH
Steve