Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default replacing text within a formula

is it possible? ie: I want to replace "Feb" with "Mar" in the following
formula:
=Feb!$G37. Even if I had to do it within a different cell, that would be
fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Used Edit Find and then Replace
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"jimswinder" wrote:

is it possible? ie: I want to replace "Feb" with "Mar" in the following
formula:
=Feb!$G37. Even if I had to do it within a different cell, that would be
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What if I don't want to replace it? Guess I should have been more clear. Is
there a way to create a new formula where "Feb" is replaced by "Mar"? I have
over 105 cells with formulas that I need to replace the month with the rest
of the months of the year. ie: I need to replicate =Jan!$G37 with =Feb!$G37
and =Mar!$G37 and =Apr!$G37 etc. I figured this would be easier than trying
to do a "Paste Link" of all 1272 differnt formulas.

"jimswinder" wrote:

is it possible? ie: I want to replace "Feb" with "Mar" in the following
formula:
=Feb!$G37. Even if I had to do it within a different cell, that would be
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

duh...I guess I could copy and paste a whole new column of what I want to
replace, then copy and paste that where I need it.

Thanks for your help..it worked.

"jimswinder" wrote:

is it possible? ie: I want to replace "Feb" with "Mar" in the following
formula:
=Feb!$G37. Even if I had to do it within a different cell, that would be
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are very welcome.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200702

"jimswinder" wrote:

is it possible? ie: I want to replace "Feb" with "Mar" in the following
formula:
=Feb!$G37. Even if I had to do it within a different cell, that would be
fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

You could use Indirect and have the Sheet name held in another cell

=INDIRECT($A$1&"!$G37")
Change A1 from Jan to Feb to Mar etc.
--
Regards