Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cut and paste options

Greetings,

Each day I receive an .xls extract report that contains ticket
information for each one of my Help Desk Analysts.
Below is an example:

Alphonso Frazier 107086 3 11-01-07 16:15:22 NBC CM 1
Bashir Tookhi 106960 3 11-01-07 07:21:09 NBC EQS 1
Damion Rose 106974 3 11-01-07 09:39:09 NBC SI 1

After sorting, I have to cut and paste each analyst's ticket
information into a separate worksheet tab of a workbook containing all
the analysts and total the number of tickets for each analyst at the
bottom of each worksheet. Is there a way to have excel cut and paste
only (using the example above) Alphonso's tickets into Alphonso's tab
and so on with the rest of the analyst information without having to
cut and paste by going back and forth between sheets.

My current solution is to cut and paste all the data into all sheets by
using the SELECT ALL SHEETS function. Then I Auto Sort by analyst name
within each worksheet to make the other analysts' data disappear. I
setup a COUNTIF function at the top of the sheet to automate the
counting of each analyst's tickets.

Bottom line is there has to be an easier way to get this done everday.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

It looks like the data is in 7 columns.
Set up a Header row with names for each of the 7 columns, then paste
your data beneath.
DataPivot TableSelect the range of your dataFinish
On the new sheet with the PT,
drag Name (or whatever you have title the first column) to the Row area
drag Name again to the Data area
You will now have a Count of rows for each analyst.

If you did need to split their data out onto separate sheets, drag the
Name filed from the Row area to the Page area.
From the PT toolbar dropdown select Show Pages
This will create a separate tab for each analyst with the rows relating
to the on their sheet.

For more information on Pivot Tables take a look at the following sites

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...es/pivot1.html

http://www.edferrero.com/Tutorials.aspx

--
Regards