Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default NA

Do you mean that M24 or N24 contain the vlookup formula, and as a
result of multiplying these together you get another error message
(#VALUE) ? If so, then you can either change the original formula I
gave you so that it returns zero instead of "" in the middle (so that
m24*n24 will also show zero), or you could change your second formula
to:

=IF(ISERROR(m24*n24),0,m24*n24)

which will also give you a zero instead of an error.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Darts via OfficeKB.com wrote:

Pete worked great!! how would it work if I wanted to do the same thing and
the fromula is:
=m24*n24

Pete_UK wrote:
To get rid of the #N/A message, you can change your formula thus:

=if(isna(VLOOKUP(D11, 'Pay Rate'!$D$2:$E$8, 2)),"",VLOOKUP(D11, 'Pay
Rate'!$D$2:$E$8, 2))

and copy this down. This will give you a blank cell instead of #N/A,
controlled by the "" in the middle - you could put a message like "not
present" in there if you wish.

Hope this helps.

Pete

I am copying down my formula and in areas that i don't have any data the
result is N/A

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
thanks
for your help