Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default Converting a formula to a date

I am attempting to create a macro that will convert a date formula to a
standard date which will not show the formula. Following is the formula.

1/1/2007 is the first cell
A1+7 gives us 1/8/2007.

I need now to make the cell with A1+7 to yield just the date without the
formula without the formula.

Can anyone help.
--
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

if that formula is in A2, try:

Range("A2").value = Range("A2").value

"tom" wrote:

I am attempting to create a macro that will convert a date formula to a
standard date which will not show the formula. Following is the formula.

1/1/2007 is the first cell
A1+7 gives us 1/8/2007.

I need now to make the cell with A1+7 to yield just the date without the
formula without the formula.

Can anyone help.
--
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi,
Try playing around with something like this. It may not be want you want but
maybe it will give you ideas.

Sub MacPasteValues()

Range("A1").FormulaR1C1 = "1/1/2007"
Range("B1").Value = Range("A1") + 7