Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array formula for unique values

I should have mentioned that Range2 could also contain non-numeric values.
Sorry. Thanks though.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$100=C2),--($B$2:$B$100=D2)

C2 holds AA
D2 holds 4
C3 holds AB
D3 holds 2
and so on

"Dan Hatola" wrote:

I am trying to create an array formula that will allow me to count the unique
values in Range2 if the value in Range1 matches a given value. Normally, I
would use an array formula like =sum(1/countif(Range2,Range2)) to count
uniques however when I tried to add the conditional component to it, I got a
#VALUE! error.

Here is the array formula I tried:
=sum(1/countif(if(Range1="AA", Range2),if(Range1="AA", Range2)))

Range1 Range2
AA 1
AA 2
AA 3
AA 4
AB 1
AB 1
AB 2
AB 2
AC 1
AC 2
AC 3
AC 2

Below is the output I would like to create (one formula next to each set of
letters):

AA 4
AB 2
AC 3