Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default why won't my cells format correctly?

I have a formula set up in a column of cells to subtract one cell from
another. The cell that displays the results will not format to two decimal
places. I have tried everything in the format cells menu, but I am not sure
if it is because there is a formula or what is going on

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm guessing that your formula is returning a text value rather than a
number? The text value 1234 and the number 1234 may look identical, but
Excel treats them differently.

What is your formula? Perhaps enclosing your formula within the VALUE()
function would help? This would convert the text to a number.

HTH,
Elkar