Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Totalling up a Filtered List

I am trying to figure out how to total up a filtered list in Excel.

I have used up to 3 filter conditions which when use will correctly only
show the entries filtered and will hide the rest.

For arguements sake, lets say that the first 3 columns contained data on
locations (North/South/East/West), Age range(10-20, 20-30 etc), and sex
(male/female). In the 4th column is a score/rating. In an unfiltered list
there are over 500 rows with data. I can quite easily put a SUM() formula at
the top to add up the scores.

When a filter is applied I need that SUM() to only total the scores of, say,
females in North, aged 10-20.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The SUBTOTAL function ignores hidden items in a filtered list.

=SUBTOTAL(Func_Num,Range)

The first argument indicates the type of calculation you want:
Func_Num Function
1 AVERAGE
2 COUNT
3 COUNTA