Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I get data automatically entered into a cell?

How do I get data automatically entered into a cell when I enter data into an
adjoining cell? I'm doing a payroll project, and I basically want to enter a
name in one cell and have that person's hourly wage data automatically
entered in the next cell without having to type in the dollar amount every
time.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi:

Two possible methods:

Use vlookup in the cell with an if as in

if(a1="","",vlookup(a1,data,2,false))

or use the on change event for the worksheet check changes in the cell and
then put the rate in the adjoining cell.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand