-   -   USING DATA FROM AN EXCEL FILE TO IMPORT INTO ANOTHER (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/126525-using-data-excel-file-import-into-another.html)

Andrew Pickles

USING DATA FROM AN EXCEL FILE TO IMPORT INTO ANOTHER

I have two excel files - one is a spreadsheet for booking annual leave, the
other is for a weekly duty rota.

So that I do not have to go through each file and re-enter the information,
can anyone suggest how I might be able to do this. I do not want to link
individual cells, since names may change, not in the same order.

HELP!!!

igorek

USING DATA FROM AN EXCEL FILE TO IMPORT INTO ANOTHER

Try doing a VLOOKUP or HLOOKUP depending on how your data is located.

Ig.