Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default LIFO inventory method?

I would like a worksheet using Excel 2003 to track inventory using the LIFO
method. Can someone help me?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi:

LIFO=last in first out for none accountant/scientists.

It really depends on your stock and your definition of LIFO:

Is it based on monthly, weekly, daily, specific lots or some other method?
Is it for stock balance or stock valuation purposes?
How do you value returns?
How do you value negative stock? (Sometimes this happens!)
What is the value of a stock item? Material to the total stock?
What type of inventory is it? (liquid/seperable, etc)?

With a little more informatio we may be able to give you some specific help.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"Tduncan" wrote:

I would like a worksheet using Excel 2003 to track inventory using the LIFO
method. Can someone help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Martin,
I am using a perpetual inventory system. I need it to constantly update
with every purchase and sell. It is very similar to retail inventory. If
there is a way to constantly update this with excel I would love to use it.

Thanks.