Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default match two items to table for result

I'm not getting my formula. I have product names in column G and service
types across the first row (H:J)

My formula is to match a2 to find the correct cell in column g then match a4
to find the correct service type and where the two intersect, display
result.

a2
round

a4
green

g) h) i)
j)
red white
green
square 1 5
8
oval 7 3
2
round 6 4
9

The result should be 9.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way ..

In say, A5:
=OFFSET(G2,MATCH(A2,G3:G5,0),MATCH(A4,H2:J2,0))

Adapt the ranges: G3:G5, H2:J2
to suit the actual extents of your table
--
Max
Singapore
"Annette" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A couple of other ways:

=VLOOKUP(A2,G2:J4,MATCH(A4,G1:J1,0),0)

=INDEX(H2:J4,MATCH(A2,G2:G4,0),MATCH(A4,H1:J1,0))

Biff