Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding something to a column

I need to add Sterling Silver to the front of every item in a column.
Is this possible to do through a function, or do I need to do it
manually? Here's an example of what I need:

They look like this now

I need them to look like this

sterling silver a
sterling silver b
sterling silver c

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Cin Cin is offline

This formula should do it:

="sterling silver " & A1

Where A1 is the first cell with data...

"August" wrote:

I need to add Sterling Silver to the front of every item in a column.
Is this possible to do through a function, or do I need to do it
manually? Here's an example of what I need:

They look like this now

I need them to look like this

sterling silver a
sterling silver b
sterling silver c

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I hate to ask this, but I'm a complete Excel noob and I honestly don't
know. Where do I put that formula in order to make it work? Sorry for
asking such basic questions, but if I could get this to work it would
save me a lot of time. Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assume your data is in column A:A, say in A2:A10.
Go to another empty column, say column E:E.
In E2 type:

="sterling silver"&A2

Edit/Copy the cell E2. Select E2:E10 and Edit/Paste. Now E2:E10 contain
your new data.

You can either leave it there or replace column A:A. To do so:
Select E2:E10.
Edit/Copy
Select A2
Edit/Paste Special... Check the Values radio button. Click OK.

Now your A2:A10 contain the modified data.

Does this help?
Kostis Vezerides

August wrote:
I hate to ask this, but I'm a complete Excel noob and I honestly don't
know. Where do I put that formula in order to make it work? Sorry for
asking such basic questions, but if I could get this to work it would
save me a lot of time. Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Let's say: a in A1, b in A2, c in A3
Your formula in B1 ="sterling siver "&A1
copy from B1 down to B3