Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Only calculate data table

Hi,

I have a problem with a large workbook with an extremely slow
calculation time.

The main sheet includes an range of about 80,000 cells using
Indirect/Index/Match nested lookup functions.
This sheet combines data from about a dozen different worksheets into
one location.
Recalculating all these lookups takes a few seconds - but I can
tolerate this since it's quite an infrequent operation (most of the
source data is updated monthly).

To the left of all this data, i have a single column data table.
This data table is set up to work as a filter - it returns TRUE or
FALSE depending on whether certain criteria are met in the columns to
the right.

I change the filter criteria (on a separate worksheet) fairly
frequently - this is the bulk of the work I do with this workbook.

However, changing filter criteria and recalculating takes an age.
Long enough to make me think that all the lookups are being
recalculated at each iteration of the data table.

If I paste values over my enormous range of lookup functions, the data
table refreshes in an instant.

So my issue is somewhat the reverse of the usual data table/calculation
time problem....
I want to be able to recalculate JUST the data table, without
automatically recalculating other cells (which will under normal
circumstances be unchanged).

I imagine I want to use some kind of Worksheet / Range.Calculate
command, but haven't been able to find the right combination.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rupert