Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Viewing an entire named range

I am in the process of converting over to Excel from QPW. (Tired of losing
data because of unstable software). I've been using Excel (and writing
formulas) at work for years, so I am familiar with it. But, this ones got me
stumped. I have a notebook that contains a named range of 10 golfers called
TEAM1GOLFERS. When I put +TEAM1GOLFERS in a cell on another page (in the same
notebook) it returns only the first name in the list. How do I get all 10
names to show? Also, is there a list of workbook functions available to view
without going to help?

Thanks for any help.
--
Jim T
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way is to use a multi-cell array ..

Select any 10 cells col range,
eg select F2:F11
Place in the formula bar:
=TEAM1GOLFERS
Press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula
(instead of just pressing ENTER)

Another way (non-array)
Put in any starting cell
eg in B2, normal ENTER will do:
=INDEX(TEAM1GOLFERS,ROW(A1))
then copy B2 down by 10 rows to B11
--
Max
Singapore
"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:
I am in the process of converting over to Excel from QPW. (Tired of losing
data because of unstable software). I've been using Excel (and writing
formulas) at work for years, so I am familiar with it. But, this ones got me
stumped. I have a notebook that contains a named range of 10 golfers called
TEAM1GOLFERS. When I put +TEAM1GOLFERS in a cell on another page (in the same
notebook) it returns only the first name in the list. How do I get all 10
names to show? Also, is there a list of workbook functions available to view
without going to help?

Thanks for any help.
--
Jim T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Max - Thanks for the comeback. I'm not sure that's exactly what I am looking
for. Assuming the range of TEAM1GOLFERS is C2:C11 on page TeamData (which it
is), I can bring in each golfers name in another place by entering
+TeamData!C2 in a cell and then copying it down. Maybe I'm missing something,
but isn't that what INDEX is doing? It only brings in one name. I'm wondering
if there is a single function (or combination of functions in one cell) that
will bring in the entire list of 10 names in TEAM1GOLFERS.

Thanks again.
--
Jim T

"Jim Tibbetts" wrote:
I am in the process of converting over to Excel from QPW. (Tired of losing
data because of unstable software). I've been using Excel (and writing
formulas) at work for years, so I am familiar with it. But, this ones got me
stumped. I have a notebook that contains a named range of 10 golfers called
TEAM1GOLFERS. When I put +TEAM1GOLFERS in a cell on another page (in the same
notebook) it returns only the first name in the list. How do I get all 10
names to show? Also, is there a list of workbook functions available to view
without going to help?

Thanks for any help.
--
Jim T

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Jim,

Your orig posts' core lines we
.. a named range of 10 golfers called TEAM1GOLFERS
.. How do I get all 10 names to show?

The 2 methods suggested earlier should have worked. F2:F11, B2:B11 should
have returned the correct results if you had played through the steps
suggested.

You must include the "=" sign at the beginning of the formulas as suggested.
There's no need for any preceding "+" sign but the "=" sign is necessary.

Perhaps you may wish to try again ..