Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default dynamic Validation List

Hello all,
I have gone to this site
http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.Dropdowns.html
and downloaded the sample file xld.dynamic_dropdowns_v1.2.xls

I can't figure out how to get this to work for me.

I would like to use data validation list for all cells in column A and all
cells in column B. However, have column b be dynamic depending on the value
of column a.
cell a1 = list functions
cell b1 = list all sub functions for the function selected in a1
cell a2 = list funtions
cell b2 = list all sub functions for the function selected in a2

I have a data tab that is hidden to the user. I can use named ranges.
I am flexible on how the data tab is formatted. The format below seems to
make sense, but I can't figure out how to get the cells in column b to know
what i'm doing.

Data Tab, Columns A and B
Function1 subfunction1a
Function1 subfunction1b
Function1 subfunction1c
Function2 subfunction2a
Function2 subfunction2b

Is this possible with data validation lists?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.