Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default matching cells and transfering data

I'm hoping there is an Fx function for this.

Col A Col B Col F Col G
(data) (result) (data) (data)

Multiple rows.

I want to compare individual cells in Col A to the range of cells in Col F,
and if it finds a match, I want the corresponding G row to copy to Col B

I think I know the first part of the formula =IF(A2=$F$2:$F$10, ????,"")

It's the ???? I can't seem to formulate.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(NOT(ISERROR(LOOKUP(A2,F2:F10))),G2,"")
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.