Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula

I need a formula that will calculate the ratio of number of applicant versus
number of interview....any suggestions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Number of interviews / number of applicants
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"susan8541" wrote:

I need a formula that will calculate the ratio of number of applicant versus
number of interview....any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simple arithmetic.

Number of interviews divided by number of applicants.

=50/100 would give you 50%

=25/100 would give you 25%

If I have missed this, post back or watch for other interpretations in this
thread.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:03:00 -0800, susan8541
wrote:

I need a formula that will calculate the ratio of number of applicant versus
number of interview....any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think strictly speaking you want the inverse of that, i.e. the number
of applicants divided by the number of interviews - you will end up
with a number greater than (or possibly equal to) one, let's say 2.5,
so your ratio is 2.5 : 1.

Hope this helps.

Pete

wrote:

I need a formula that will calculate the ratio of number of applicant versus
number of interview....any suggestions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Would this be any better?

Applicants in A1............Interviews in A2

="the ratio of applicants to interviews is " &TEXT(A1/A2,"##") & ":" & "1"

Gord