Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ??Calculate week number of a month

Would appreciate advice on how to calculate the weeknumber of a month.
For example, Feb 28, 2007 is at 5th week of Feb
--
Thanks a million for your time and expert advice :-)
Jaylin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I think the easiest way is to use a hidden sheet, where all weeks for some
period long enough are listed (I myself use the format yyyy.ww for week
number - not Excel format of course, but I calculate week numbers in such
way). Then you have to calculate for every week the date for 1st day of
week, and at last you calculate for every week the month the week belongs to
(For month numbers I use format yyyy.mm). As much as I knew, there is no
uniform definition how to decide to which month a week belongs. I myself
count the week to month, into which belongs Wednesday - because without
holidays then at least 3 workdays are falling into this month.

From such a table is it relatively easy to calculate the number of week in
month.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )