Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default look for row

Hi! I use Swedish Xl so forgive if my commands are not correct. I use
=lookforrow() in order to single out values in one list and make a new list.
The old list (list A) has dates and corresponding values. The problem is
that the dates repete themselves and some dates are missing (ie not all dates
in a year need to be in the list). I have a new list (list B) that consits
only of all dates in the year 2006. I want to find the correpsonding value in
list A that matches the date in list B. I use: =lookforrow(ListB;the whole
list A; second column that has corresponding value). Thhis works fine but
there is a problem. Say that list A has a value for 2006-01-10. The value is
900. Now if 2006-01-11 is not in List A I will get the value 900 for that
date in list B. I want to have n/a. Is there any way to solve this? Pls help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Arne

You need to use the 4th parameter in the lookup formula and set it to
False or 0
In English
=VLOOKUP(A1,ListA!$A:$B,2,0)
so for you presumably something like