Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to decompose the data in excel ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You'll have to be clearer as to what you mean by your question.

(... and please ask the question in the body of the message, not in the
subject line.)
--
David Biddulph

"Decomposing the data" <Decomposing the

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi David,

By decomposition, I meant was how do you find the trend, seasonlaity and the
residuals of any given time series.

Hope my question is clear now.

Regards,

Jitin

"David Biddulph" wrote:

You'll have to be clearer as to what you mean by your question.

(... and please ask the question in the body of the message, not in the
subject line.)
--
David Biddulph

"Decomposing the data" <Decomposing the

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jitin -

There is an example file, LinearTrendSeasonalForecast.xls, for one approach
at http://www.mikemiddleton.com

There are three methods described in Chapter 20, "Time Series Seasonality,"
of my book, Data Analysis Using Microsoft Excel: Updated for Office XP.

- Mike

"Decomposing the data" wrote