Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Array formula for SUMPRODUCT

It is possible to further refine the solution as AQ4 is common to all it can
be taken out and divided over the total and the last two sums are not really
needed:

=(SUMPRODUCT(AL3:AP3,AL4:AP4)+Y3*Y4+O3*O4)/AQ4

But basically the same.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"T. Valko" wrote:

If any division results in #DIV/0! the formula result is #DIV/0!.

The original formula didn't have anything to account for that so I didn't
either. We don't know the conditions under which this formula operates.
That's what we have to deal with when we make suggestions!

Biff

"dribler2" wrote in message
Hi Sir Biff,
Will it bear the same result if one of the factor or addend or divisor is
zero. as compared to the original formula.
just curious Sir,

--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the last two sums are not really needed:

I used SUM just to make it easier to follow the precedence.

AQ4 is common to all it can be taken out and divided over the total

Good point!

Biff