Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting? Not sure

Greetings from sunny Florida,

I have a column of sorted ID numbers in column A. I am trying to create
totals in column B that counts how many times the ID number appears in column
A.
Is there a way to make this:
101902
101903
101903
101906
101909
101910
101910
101910
101912
101914
101917
101918
101918
Look somethng like this?
101902 1
101903
101903 2
101906 1
101909 1
101910
101910
101910 3
101912 1
101914 1
101917 1
101918
101918 2

Many thanks,
Mike Saffer

--
Mike
Jacksonville, Florida
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Extract a unique list using datafilteradvanced filter, copy to another
location and unique records only, if you already have a list skip that
step. Then in an adjacent cell to the unique list put (assume the first
unique value is in C2 and the list you want to check with is in A2:A100)
so in D2 enter

=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$100,C2)

copy down

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Mike Saffer wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With the data in A1:A13, in B1
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:A13,A1)=1,"",COUNTIF(A1:A13,A1))
And drag it down to B13
If you want to do calculations with the numbers in column B, change the ""
to 0,
Regards,
Alan.
"Mike Saffer" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming your data starts in A1, enter this in B1:

=IF(A1=A2,"",COUNTIF(A:A,A1))

Copy down column B as far as needed.

HTH,
Elkar

"Mike Saffer" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Peo, Elkar and Alan for offering solutions. I was able to use your
information and it my sheet work s great now.

Mike
Jacksonville, Florida