Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Filters

I have a spreadsheet with 6000 rows. When ever I add a filter, it does not
filter everything. I can determine this because I take the filter off and do
a control find for the item. Excel then locates the cell information by
using the Control Find. I put the Filter back on and I can not find the cell
in that manner. Why does excel do this? How do I get around it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can filter as many rows as you need (64k or 1MB).

There is a limit of 1000 unique entries that appear in the dropdown list--but
you can use Custom to filter to show what you want.

--

Dave Peterson