Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel / Word Merge Feature

I'm trying to merge data from an excel file into a word document for a mass
mailing. Word is not using the source formatting, how can I fix this?
Example:

Merge Data:
ESP BOX C OVERRIDE
A423 2,574.51 643.63
A429 3,430.22 857.56
A439 6,641.06 1,660.27

Data viewable in Word:
BOX C
2574.5100000000002
3430.2199999999998
6641.0600000000004

These are not formulas in Excel... these have been manually entered.
Both "Box C" and the "Override" data are merging with additional numbers.
Some of the information does view correctly, but it seems completely random.
The weirdest thing is that this file worked last week. Ive even tired
recreating the entire Word doc and still it formats incorrectly.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See Cindy Meister's page

Force Word to use the number format you want
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/mergfaq.htm