Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUM not working

Hello,

I have a SUM( ) formula that is not working. The number format is "General
(not text)." I have also manually recalculated but I'm still getting a zero
for the total. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Show us the actual formula and tell us what is the cell the formulas
references
Suppose you have =SUM(A1:A10) - what is the result of =ISTEXT(A1) ? Is it
TRUE or FALSE?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a SUM( ) formula that is not working. The number format is "General
(not text)." I have also manually recalculated but I'm still getting a
zero
for the total. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I typed =ISTEXT(A1), I got "true."

So, what's the best way to change all of my numbers so that they're
interpretted as numbers and not text?

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a SUM( ) formula that is not working. The number format is "General
(not text)." I have also manually recalculated but I'm still getting a
zero
for the total. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Scott

A good bet is the numbers are text that look like numbers.

Re-formatting alone won't change that.

Format all to General then copy an empty cell.

Select the range of data and EditPaste Special(in place)AddOKEsc.

This will force Excel to recognize these as numbers.............if there are no
extra spaces or other junk in the cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 14:23:02 -0800, Scott
wrote:

Hello,

I have a SUM( ) formula that is not working. The number format is "General
(not text)." I have also manually recalculated but I'm still getting a zero
for the total. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions